»

Saturday, August 20, 2011

GAS UP (for the first time)

Sigrid M. Dimaano

2009:  I was on my way to school one day when suddenly I had to pass by the gasoline station and gas up for the FIRST TIME!

"This is it!"  I told myself.  For I was dreading to do this for the longest time.  Somehow, I always find a way to let my husband do the dirty job for me.


*Note:  In the Philippines, there are people who do this for us.

So I went down, swiped my card and unscrewed the cap from my gas tank.  I took the gas hose with the spout and pressed on it as hard as I can.  And there I was, waiting for the gas to pump out and NOTHING happened.  I cancelled the credit card transaction and went directly to the cashier.


"Hi!  I tried to put gas in my car and I think that one over there is empty."  I smiled at her.  Of course, I was pretending that I knew what I was doing.

"All right, I'll check on it."  she said.  After awhile she said that it wasn't empty.  So I told her "Oh, so maybe my card has a problem then.  I think I might have to pay cash.".  I gave her cash and then I immediately ran back to my car and tried again.

For the second time, I failed!  I went back to her and she insisted that there was nothing wrong with the pump.

Getting frustrated, I tried again for the third time and still, NOTHING as in NOTHING happened.  Since I have been there for almost 20 minutes and I was already running late for school, I had no choice but to ask the other person opposite my car.

I swallowed my pride and approached him.

"Hi, I can't seem to do this right.  I'm new at this.  Can you help me?"
"Sure",  he said.

After checking everything I did,  he smiled at me and said   ""All right, now I know what the problem is.  You forgot to lift the handle of the gas hose from its stand."

Kaboom!  Epic Fail!

1 comments:

Mhel Gutierrez

geez, my husband just told me yesterday that sooner or later I should learn how to put gas on my car too. I guess, I will encounter the same thing. hahaha that's funny!

Post a Comment